Friday, October 26, 2012

Review(2): The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

Title: The Gathering
Author: Kelley Armstrong
OverviewAn ordinary town . . . full of deadly secrets

Strange things have been happening in sixteen-year-old Maya's small Vancouver Island community—from the mountain lions that have been constantly approaching her to her best friend's hidden talent for "feeling" out people and situations. There's also a sexy new bad boy who makes Maya feel . . . different. Combine that with a few unexplained deaths and a mystery involving Maya's biological parents and it's easy to suspect that this town might have more than its share of skeletons in its closet.



Oh. My. Gosh.  I don't even have words to begin to describe this first.

But I must first, start with the end.  What a MAJOR cliffhanger!  It's so frustrating because I want to know what is going on right now.  And now I have to wait til I get to the next book! UGH.

This book was quite predictable from the begin and from the overview that I read, but that didn't make this book an less interesting.  You get to know the MC, Maya, so well since this story is told in her point of view.  You can feel everything she is feeling and hear everything she is saying.

You also get to know two of the other MCs quite well too, Daniel and Rafe.  Daniel is such a sweet guy and Rafe isn't such a bad guy like I thought he was at the beginning.

The Gathering has such an action packed plot that I have to just keep reading and reading and reading and I could not put this book down.  Armstrong knows exactly how to pull a reader in.

I CANNOT wait to read the second book!

No comments:

Post a Comment