Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review (#34): Mind Games by Kiersten White

Mind Games (Mind Games #1)
by Kiersten White
Publication Date: February 19th, 2013


Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future. 
Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.
In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.



I was hesitant about this book because I saw some less than stellar reviews.  But, after I read this, oh my gosh, this book is just perfect.  I don't even think I can explain my feelings about this book.  The ending was freaking perfect too.  Just everything.

I love the alternating POV between Annie and Fia.  These two girls are sisters.  Annie is a Seer and Fia is mostly just a normal girl with particularly great instincts.  Annie is also blind.  I loved how strong Fia is, she is just a kick ass character and is definitely one of my favorite characters written in YA.  I'm not as big of a fan as Annie but she was alright.  She seemed to overreact about a lot of situations but I guess it would be hard to be in her shoes.

The story also alternates between past and present.  This aspect I wasn't a big fan of.  I found myself skipping over the parts that took place in the past because I felt like they were quite boring actually.  I know it was all story building and stuff.

I loved both love interests of Fia.  James just was so freaking hot and Adam wasn't so bad himself.  I know James is the son of the bad guy.  But man, was he hot!


1 comment:

  1. This is the first positive review I've seen about this book! I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete