Friday, April 19, 2013

ARC Review (#25): If I Should Die by Amy Plum

If I Should Die (Revenants #3)
by Amy Plum
Expected Publication: May 7th, 2013
Source: ATW Tours


I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?

Spoilers!

I was so excited to sign up for this ARC tour with ATW tours!  After reading the second book right after it came out, I had no clue how I was going to wait until MAY 7TH! Like really?  Why that long?  But I'm glad I did get to read it early, if only a month.  This is one of my favorite series and they are going to definitely be rereads for me!

If I Should Die picks up where the second left off.  We know that Violette has gotten Vincent, but is he dead or alive? Does Violette have the Champions powers yet? Are they in grave danger?  The first question was partly answered in the second book as the very last sentence, but we learn more about it quickly in the beginning of the third book.

This book has so much action jam packed into it that it took me no time to finish reading it.  Once I started reading it I could not put the book down.  I dreaded putting it down!  Kate and Vincent are one of my favorite couples and their relationship did not let me down.  I was also so happy that Charlotte came back!  GAHH! I love her and Kate's friendship.

I must say, though, I hate what happens with Jules.  He is another one of my favorite characters and I was so sad ):  BOOO!

I wish more books were set in Paris.  It seems like such a whimsical city and I cannot wait to visit there myself.  It seems like there are so many different settings that could be worked into many different types of books and I love it!

I cannot wait for more of Amy Plum's books and am so sad to see this series come to an end!


1 comment:

  1. I have Die For Me lying on my shelf but now I really gotta get to it! thanks for your review :) following you back! sorry it took me a few days to get back to ya! :*

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete