Monday, January 14, 2013

Review (10): Shadow Kiss (VA #3) by Richelle Mead

CAUTION: THIS WHOLE POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS TO THE FIRST TWO BOOKS!!


Title: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)
Author: Richelle Mead
Rating: 4.5/5
Overview: It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most







Wow, I've never read a series that provokes so many emotions within myself.  I never thought that a book could even bring out so many emotions.  I felt sad, happy, fear, excited, nervous, etc.  I didn't think this series could get any better but of course, Richelle has proved that it definitely can.

At first, when I was nearing the end of the book, I thought that there really wasn't a climax or a big action scene.  But, Richelle was just waiting to bring all the good action out at the end.  The ending was phenomenal.

I know a lot of people have said they are Team Adrian but so far, I am still Team Dimitri.  Even after what happened at the end of this book, I am still hoping that there is some way that Dimitri and Rose can be together.  I know its a big stretch after what happened to Dimitri, but I am hoping there is still a way.  I envy their relationship so much and I know it's not easy for them but I think that is what makes it seem so glorious.  The love and care they feel for each other is just so unreal and I wish I had that.

The ending of this book was a definite cliffhanger and oh boy, how I love those.  Richelle does it perfectly too and it's great.  She provokes so many feelings and does it so expertly. The last about 100 pages had be so emotional and I was crying like a big baby.

2 comments:

  1. I'm Team Dimitri too! I love Adrian too but I definitely like Rose and Dimitri together. I was bawling at the end of this one too. I think it's my favourite book of the series despite the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read all these over the summer and loved them! And yeah, Adrian is great, but he and Rose are not a good couple!

    ReplyDelete