Sunday, March 3, 2013

ARC Review (#18): The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett

The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy 
       #1)
by Mindee Arnett
Source: Netgalley
RATING: 5/5 STARS!

Sixteen-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare.

Literally.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy, is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder.

Then Eli’s dream comes true.

Now Dusty has to follow the clues—both within Eli’s dreams and out of them—to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

_________________________________________________________________________________
I've been pining for this book ever since I first saw the cover and read the synopsis.  It's plot sounded so unique that I couldn't just pass it up.  

I loved the main character Dusty! She is so rebellious, a smart aleck, but the most caring person.  She is so funny and Arnett did a great job creating her.  I seriously wanted to be her best friend!  She's so quirky and unique, not like any other characters I've read about.  

I really like both of Dusty's love interests, well til the end of course.  Paul seems so handsome and gentle, almost perfect for Dusty.  But then there is Eli and he is a freaking hottie!  He starts off the book coming off as arrogant but as we get to know him, we see that softer side of him.  Eli was definitely my favorite, he made me laugh just as mush as Dusty did.

Arnett had so many unique aspects in this book.  Who ever thought a main character of a book could literally be a nightmare? That's so creative! No one has ever touched on this subject before.  I also like how the computers and chairs and other things are "animated".   They'll actually talk, move by themselves, go to sleep whenever they want.

Book #1 came to an end quite fast and I cannot wait for the second one.  I loved Dusty and I will be missing her until the other one comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment